Monday, April 21, 2014

Back with New Ways of Storytelling

Old Stories New Telling...
Up until a year ago, I was mostly interested in web series, particularly in YouTube series. I was working for Copa 90, one of the most successful British YouTube channels:


I was convinced online video was the future. I still think it is the future. I hardly ever watch traditional TV, I binge watch on Netflix. However, I'm not that excited about online video anymore. Therefore, I was planning on closing this blog. But instead I have decided I will start writing about all the really exciting new ways of storytelling that are out there, including apps, games, graphic novels etc. 

About a month ago, I attended the Bavarian Transmedia Day and one of the hot topics were wearable technology, such as Google Glass. Storytellers all over the world are currently trying to figure out how technology can enhance a narrative.

An interesting project I recently came across is 'Loading Human', a virtual reality adventure game. Players take the role of a man's disembodied consciousness as he relives his memories, in order to store them in a new robot body before dementia erases them forever. The game will use the Oculus Rift headset and motion tracking devices to give the player bodily awareness inside the game. Have a look:


Italian actor and filmmaker Flavio Parenti who recently starred in Woody Allen's 'To Rome with Love' has teamed up with development studio Untold Games for 'Loading Human'. The game will be released for Windows and Mac OS later this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment